Monday 9 January 2012

New for 2012

I decided to create the advert in Illustrator because of it's flexibility with type.  I have used Helvetica for the  main typeface because it is commonly used in newspapers around the world for it's simplicity and legibility even at smaller dimensions.        

Advert Design for Newspaper

Following the template of the other agents design I replaced the text that usually describes the area of the house, to illustrate the ownership of the house.  The cost is of course the in money terms, but the highest price is the message that the advert has been created for.    

Looking through a few local newspapers, I researched into other estate agents design layouts and found that  a lot of them were very small because they had some many houses on the market.  Unless you are really looking for somewhere to live, you probably wouldn't catch all of the houses on a page.  I didn't want the advert I produced to get lost within the other houses and felt that it would be confusing to mix my images with the normal homes that are for sale, so decided to produce four other adverts to complete a whole newspaper page.     

No comments:

Post a Comment