Monday 9 January 2012

I See What You Mean

Moving forward from my last post, I thought about the creative ways in which I could communicate the issue with the 'Right to Buy' scheme that has already caused devastation for this Country.

My first thoughts were to develop a poster that would centre on the sale of a house, but with a clear message of the impact that it may have on their future family.    

Poster Concept - Rough Visual

While drawing out my ideas I found that the poster lacked impact and originality.  Loosely based on a property advert it sparked my interest in producing something specifically for a newspaper.  The cheap quality of the newsprint paper and throw away attitude of the medium creates an interesting parallel with the low price housing and potential loss of our future homes.          

I felt that it was important to design something with a very clear statement as cited by Fletcher, 'The terms "Show me", or "I see what you mean" indicate a connection between sight and subject which is very real' (2001: P.165).  Using the medium that we currently associate with property will strengthen the legitimacy of the piece and most importantly reinforce the key message of the issue.  


Example of Property sales in The Worcester Standard
- 9th January 2012 Edition 

Using the above as a template the advert will take place centrally within the sales page so that the graphic stands out.  I feel that the design should be based on this modern paper to illustrate the re-birth of the  Right to Buy scheme and portray the immediacy of the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment